"You live but once; you might as well be amusing." - Coco Chanel


Monday, January 20, 2014

Suite 'n Sour

After a long hiatus, I have come back to blog to attempt to kill my writer's block. Miller told us that the muses speak to us not before we write, but when we write. So I decided to put away my piece advocating for total drug legalization to discuss my current living situation.

Due to my stupidity, I failed to fill out the off-campus permission form before I left for WHIP.




As a result, I was forced back into on-campus housing. Fortunately, I put up such a stink that the Dean agreed to let me into the Suites. After two weeks there, I have some thoughts about Hillsdale's newest dorm. I have broken them down into pros and cons to paint you a picture of the Suite Life.

Let's starts with the bad first.

Cons:

1. You have to walk 8 billion miles to get there.



2. A light from the parking lot shines into my room and keeps me awake all night.



3. Due to the flood during Christmas break, my hall smells like a hamster cage.


4. The walls are paper thin. To the person who lives above me: I am out of the room from the hours of 10:00 - 4:00. I beg you. Please engage in the horizontal shimmy ONLY during these times. 



5. No one comes to visit. See number 1. 



6. My bed is lofted too high and I have fallen off numerous times.



7. While having one too many drinks, I got lost on my way there. See number 1. 




Pros:

1. I have my own room. Thank God.


2. For the first time in 4 years, all of my clothes fit into my closet.



3. I stole a book shelf from one of the flooded rooms and now my shoes can be displayed with the dignity they deserve. 



4. Though I didn't know them before this semester, my suitemates rock.



5. I don't have to deal with 30 sorority sisters creeping on my boyfriend and I when we watch a movie. 


6. The computer lab. Printing in the library is so last year. 




7. I can actually study there because I don't know anyone who lives there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment