"You live but once; you might as well be amusing." - Coco Chanel


Thursday, November 21, 2013

You Should Date Someone in the Honors Program



You scoffed at the title of my post. I’m sure you did. Even those of you in the honors program at Hillsdale probably thought I was crazy. Sure, maybe I am a little crazy (ask my friends and family – they would probably agree with you). But I am sure about this. The Honorites rock. Here’s why:

1.    After 4 years being mocked, we have tough skins – Yeah I am in the honors program and I’m okay with it! Became my biggest and most used comeback freshman year. Original, I know.

2.     We won’t make any money because we want jobs that aim at higher things than living above the poverty line, but we really value happiness – You and I both know that most of us will be professors.



3.     We’ve read a lot – Some by choice, most by being forced by our teachers, parents, and professors.

4.     If we get married and have babies, those babies will have some damn fine genes – Self-explanatory.




5.     We value loyalty – We have learned the value of helping each other by sharing notes notes, editing others’ papers, and staying friends for four years.

6.     We laugh at ourselves – And there’s a lot that we do that warrants self-deprecation.



7.     We’ve been to Turkey AND experienced riots there - Come on. That’s an awesome cocktail party story.  

8.     We’ve been humbled – We’ve realized that despite being in the honors program, we aren’t the smartest kids in the school.




9.     We are good friends with professors – Didn’t get into Dr. Gamble’s class? We’ve got you covered. Oh, Dr. Bart’s class is full? Good thing she adores us.


10. Everyone secretly loves a nerd – Damn straight






No comments:

Post a Comment